Thanksgiving is the American Holiday.
This year Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, Nov 22nd. (the fourth Thursday in November) – the day before Black Friday. Thanksgiving Day traditionally kicks off the ‘holiday season’ in the United States. The day was set in stone by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1939 and approved by Congress in 1941. FDR changed it from Abraham Lincoln’s designation as the last Thursday in November (because there are sometimes five Thursdays in the month).
What to do the Day After
You spend days or even weeks to plan and execute the big family feast, and now that it its over, your fridge is loaded with left overs. What to do with all those items is a challenge for many. Here I would like to share some proven ideas with you:
Delicious Ways To make Breakfast or Lunch the day after
- Mix cranberry relish into oatmeal muffins:
- Or layer cranberries and nuts with granola and Greek yogurt:
- Stir cranberry relish into your steel cut oatmeal:
- Make savory breakfast sandwiches with leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce:
- Toss together a one-pan breakfast hash with Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes:
- Or try turkey egg, cheese, and pepper skillet.
- Serve Poached eggs on pan fried stuffing with cranberry Hollandaise
- Whisk sweet potato puree into pancake batter and serve with cranberry relish.
- Make fritatta with shredded turkey, eggs, and leftover veggies you have on hand.
- Finish off leftover bread and pumpkin puree with a make-ahead breakfast stratta.
- Fry up a mashed potato pancakes and serve with lox.
- Top off turkey and sweet potatoes with fresh avocado and egg.
- Or dig into a turkey breakfast pizza topped with quail eggs.
- Make a cheesy ham-and-turkey melt on Croissant.
- Make a whole wheat wrap with Cranberry relish, turkey and squash.
These are just a few examples for comfort foods served at breakfast at Watson Lake Inn. To inspire you for your meals the day after. We know you’ve got many options for lodging; but staying with us at Watson Lake Inn, you will indulge in a memorable experience and culinary discovery.
Looking for a unique gift this holiday season for the very special person in your life?
We have Cooking class tickets, Dinner tickets and for the undecided – Gift certificates available.
Watson Lake Inn – “Where culinary pleasures and experiences become lifetime memories.