- This event has passed.
April 2017 Cooking Technique – Saute
April 22, 2017 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm$60
CT 102 COOKING TECHNIQUE – SAUTE
The cooking technique known as sautéing is a high-heat cooking method used primarily with portion-sized cuts of tender meat, fish, and poultry. Predominantly a range-top cooking method, sautéed items, especially larger cuts such as chicken breasts or tournedos of beef, may need to be finished in the oven, covered or uncovered. On the stovetop, all sautéed items are cooked in a preheated skillet or sauté pan.
Class attendees will learn the following:
- The essentials of sautéing
- Equipment needed
- Appropriate proteins and meat cuts
- Optional components for this technique
- Proper sequence of sautéing
- Challenges and possible pitfalls while executing
- Proper mise en place (preparation) is essential for all cooking methods.